Community Engagement Tutor/Mentor: America Reads
This Community Engagement Tutor/Mentor will be responsible for conducting tutoring/mentoring activities with elementary, middle, and high school students, as well as young adults in the Newark community. This includes both one-on-one and group tutoring relative to the curriculum in place, and the objectives of the school/agency in charge.
- Conducts daily scheduled tutorial, study, and/or mentoring sessions with tutees.
- Notifies on-site coordinator of any emergencies, schedule changes, etc.
- Develop and practice tutorial activities relative to the specific program goals and curriculum.
- Observes and maintains independent and interdependent tutee/mentee participation in homework assignment and group activities.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of each agency site (e.g. punctuality, attendance, dress code, conduct with tutees, etc.)
- Attends regular tutor/mentor meetings coordinated and scheduled by OUCP professional staff and Project Leader/Coordinator.
- Discusses and evaluates progress of tutees/mentees with program coordinator.
The America Reads Tutor is under the direct supervision of the OUCP Administrative Office. Site visits may be conducted by the America Reads/Counts Project Leader/Coordinator throughout the year.
All tutors/mentors must successfully pass Rutgers University’s protection of minors online training module, as well as complete a successful background check.
WORK STUDY HOURLY WAGE (starting): $9.00/hour